· Philippines exercise a wellorganized and well structured political system which is balanced by its democratic republic, representative and presidential elements. In nutshell, the government of Philippines can be regarded as constitutional democracy headed by .
However, no study has investigated PMHP's own experiences of being stigmatised in the Philippines. Methods: A qualitative study was conducted on the stigma experienced by PMHP (including people with epilepsy) and its related factors in the Philippines, employing the constructivist grounded theory approach.
· Renowned Filipino anthropologist Felipe Landa Jocano disputes Beyer's belief that Filipinos descended from Negritoes and Malays who migrated to the Philippines thousands of years ago. According to Jocano, it is difficult to prove .
Historiography of the Philippines refers to the studies, sources, critical methods and interpretations used by scholars to study the history of the Philippines. The Philippine archipelago has been part of many empires before the Spanish empire has arrived in the 16th century. The precolonial Philippines uses the Abugida writing system that has ...
Filipino society has widely adapted to the change in family structure. Some parents will leave their child in the Philippines in order to seek labour abroad to better support their family left behind. In turn, they will send back remittances to their parents or siblings who .
· Description: Philippine Studies: Historical and Ethnographic Viewpoints is an internationally refereed journal that publishes scholarly articles and other materials on the history of the Philippines and its peoples, both in the homeland and overseas. It believes the past is illuminated by historians as well as scholars from other disciplines; at the same time, it prefers ethnographic ...
Philippines, much like its people, is multifaceted and multicultural. Therefore, because of multiculturalism within Filipino cuisine, I argue that in a general sense it is neither distinguishable or indistinguishable from its numerous influences, rather a culinary purgatory of sorts. What history does acknowledge is the Chinese, Spanish, Americans,
· Even the Philippine president, Rodrigo Duterte, dissuades the public from disobeying the enhanced community quarantine with remarks like, '. If there is trouble or the situation arises that people fight and your lives are on the line, shoot them dead'. 5 The psychology literature refers to these scare tactics as 'fear appeals'.
In the Philippines, the Labor Force Survey data indied that per cent of those employed are in vulnerable forms of employment. This means nearly two out of five workers are less likely to have formal work arrangements and access to social protection and .
Proclamation of Martial Law: On September 21, 1972, President Ferdinand E. Marcos placed the Philippines under Martial declaration issued under Proclamation 1081 suspended the civil rights and imposed military authority in the country.
· The Philippines makes a fascinating case study of a mediumsized, developing, postcolonial, multiethnic and multicultural state in Southeast Asia. Cruz, Adiong and their contributors map horizons of nonWestern approaches in Philippine experiences of IR, rooted in the Global South, and in local customs and practice.
· · Another is the appliion of the "doctrine of incorporation," which "mandates that the Philippines is bound by generally accepted principles of international law which automatically form part of Philippine law by operation of the Constitution." (Justice Carpio, in his dissent in Bayan Muna, 2011; citing Agpalo, International Law, 2006)
Older theories Beyer's Wave Migration Theory. The most widely known theory of the prehistoric peopling of the Philippines is that of H. Otley Beyer, founder of the Anthropology Department of the University of the that department for 40 years, Professor Beyer became the unquestioned expert on Philippine prehistory, exerting early leadership in the field and influencing the ...
· The Philippines dropped a total of 10 places this year to 55th, earning an overall score of only out of 100 points. In 2017, Philippines was placed 45th. In order to understand how the Philippines experienced such a huge drop in ranking, it's important to look at what the study uses for its indiors.
· Philippines, island country of Southeast Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago consisting of more than 7,000 islands and islets lying about 500 miles (800 km) off the coast of Vietnam. Manila is the capital, but nearby Quezon City is the country's mostpopulous city.